Tuscan Garlic Chicken Pita Pizzas are loaded with chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, and cheese over a creamy Alfredo sauce. These personal pizzas are so delicious!
The other night we were craving pizza here in the Lofthouse. A regular occurrence I must add. I was ready for a hot fresh slice of pizza, but I wasn’t feeling up to making the dough. I went to the pantry and saw a pack of pita bread. A light bulb went off and that’s when these incredible Tuscan Garlic Chicken Pita Pizzas were born.
WHAT IS A TUSCAN GARLIC CHICKEN PITA PIZZA?
Rather than a traditional pizza crust base, this recipe uses store bought pita bread. It’s just as good as regular dough! Add a homemade garlic Alfredo sauce base, chicken, and an array of sun-dried tomatoes, spinach leaves, and cheese to create these wonderful pizzas.
Pair these with a chilled glass of wine, and a beautiful veranda to enjoy your dinner on, and you will feel as though you’re under the Tuscan sun.
WHAT DO I NEED TO MAKE TUSCAN GARLIC CHICKEN PITA PIZZA?
A small, yet mighty flavorful list of ingredients is all you need to assemble these pizzas:
- Cooked chicken (rotisserie, grilled or breaded chicken nuggets)
- My homemade creamy garlic sauce
- Baby spinach leaves
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Mozzarella cheese
- Pita breads or Flatbreads
HOW DO I COOK TUSCAN GARLIC CHICKEN PITA PIZZAS?
Another convenient and fun aspect about this recipe is that you don’t have to preheat and cook the pizza in the oven. This is a great recipe to utilize your air fryer with! My air fryer comes in so handy nowadays.
When using the air fryer, set the temperature to 350 degrees F. Place one pizza on the tray and cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
If you would prefer to bake the pizza, then preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted.
SHOULD I USE STORE BOUGHT, OR HOMEMADE ALFREDO SAUCE?
It may seem quite intimidating at first to think of making a homemade Alfredo sauce, but this is a very simple recipe. In a saucepan over medium heat whisk together heavy cream, chicken broth, garlic, Italian seasoning, and parmesan cheese. Whisk until the sauce is thickened. Remove from heat and set aside to set while you get the rest of your pizza toppings ready. Spread sauce on pita before adding toppings.
PRO TIP! Don’t over sauce your pizza. This will make the bread soggy when it bakes. Instead save extra sauce on the side for dipping!
DOES THE RECIPE MAKE SINGLE SERVINGS, OR A FULL-SIZE PIE?
This recipe is meant for personal sized pizzas. This exact recipe will create 6 pita pizzas. This is a great for nights you want to get everyone involved in making dinner and it’s even terrific for parties. That way everyone can customize their own pizzas just the way they like it.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO MAKE THE PIZZAS?
From start to finish you can have hot pizza pies ready to go in 30 minutes. With the chicken being pre-cooked, and no pizza dough to throw together, the baking is what will take the most time.
The homemade alfredo sauce can be ready in just a matter of 10 minutes. This sauce is another reason why this recipe is just so good!
ENJOY THIS RECIPE? HERE ARE A FEW MORE OF MY FAVORITE PIZZAS!
The Best Pizza Dough – Every good pizza needs a phenomenal base, and this dough recipe is just that.
BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizza – Savory barbecue sauce-based pizza with grilled chicken and smoked mozzarella cheese.
Margherita Pizza – A classic pizza recipe with mozzarella cheese, basil, and fresh tomatoes.
Chicken Taco Pizza – All your favorite chicken taco toppings assembled on a freshly baked pizza.
Tuscan Garlic Chicken Pita Pizzas
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 Flatbreads or Pita Breads (I like the Papa Pita brand)
- 2 cups cooked chicken (I used the Costco Bare Life chicken nuggets, cooked then chopped)
- 1 ½ cups sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 ½ cups baby spinach leaves, torn
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven OR air-fryer to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium sauce pan, add the heavy cream, chicken broth, garlic, Italian seasoning, Parmesan cheese and black pepper. Cook and whisk mixture, over medium heat, until it starts to thicken up. Remove sauce from heat and cover with lid to keep warm.
- Place the pita breads on a clean, flat surface. Spoon 3 Tablespoons of sauce evenly over each pita bread. Then top each pita with 1/3 cup of chicken, 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes and 1/4 cup torn baby spinach leaves, spreading out evenly. Sprinkle 1/3 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese all over the top.
- If using an oven, place pita pizzas on greased baking sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until cheese is melted.If using an air-fryer, place one pita pizza on the tray. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Serve pizzas warm and with the remaining sauce for dipping. Enjoy!