The other day I was on my blog looking over some recipes when I saw our beloved Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas. Just looking at the photos started some major cravings, but they don’t really fit into my current diet, so that’s when these Oven-Baked Honey Lime Chicken Tacos were born. 🙂
Tender and flavorful chicken loaded up into crunchy corn tortillas. I threw on a little cheese (cause what’s a taco without cheese?) and popped them in the oven. Once they were ready, I just brought the baking dish right over to the table and everyone grabbed a taco. It was so easy and nice serving tacos this way!
The end result was AMAZING. They were SO delicious. We topped ours with light sour cream and salsa and went straight to taco heaven. Yum!
- 3 large chicken breasts, cooked then shredded
- 1/2 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 10 corn tortilla shells (I used the stand n' stuff tortillas from Old El Paso)
- 1 cup Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- chopped cilantro
- sour cream
- (I bake my chicken breasts in a 375° F. oven for 35 minutes then shred.) A rotisserie chicken would work great for this recipe as well.
- Place cooked, shredded chicken in a large bowl. Add the chili powder, paprika, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper to bowl. Stir to combine. Drizzle in the honey and lime juice. Toss again to combine everything.
- Place the corn tortillas in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Divide the chicken evenly among the tortilla shells and place in the shells. Top each with a little Pepper Jack cheese.
- Bake in a 350° F. oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and chicken is heated through. Serve warm with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
- Yields 10 tacos