Summer has officially started here in Southern Utah. Our kids got out of school last week so the summer fun and activities have begun! I invited my sister’s boys over last Wednesday to come play. All the kids were out in my backyard most of the day running through the sprinklers and jumping on the trampoline. 🙂 I knew they’d be hot and worn out so I decided to whip them up some of these awesome smoothies.
All of my favorite berries are inside this wonderful treat. Raspberries, blueberries, blackberries and strawberries. Yum. You add just a little orange juice, yogurt and sugar and they turn into smoothie heaven. When I brought a tray of these outside to the kiddos they went crazy! In a good way. 😉 They drank them up fast and requested another batch. I was worried that the raspberry seeds would bug them but that wasn’t the problem at all (and never is for me either). The only problem was that I didn’t make enough for round 3. Ha!
- 3 cups mixed frozen berries (raspberries, blueberries, blackberries)
- 1 cup fresh strawberries (sliced)
- 1 cup light vanilla yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- Add all of the ingredients inside a blender. Close with lid and blend until well combined. Pour into glasses and enjoy!
- (If you like a thicker smoothie just use less juice.)
- Yields: about 5 one-cup servings.
Filed Under: Beverages, Blueberries, Breakfast, Brunch, Drinks, Easy, Healthy, Kid-Friendly, Raspberry, snacks, Summer, sweet Tagged With: berries, berry blast smoothies, beverage, drinks, easy, kid-friendly, life in the lofthouse, smoothies, summer