Spook your Halloween party guests with this fun SPIDER WEB COOKIE! This giant chocolate cookie is perfect to serve your crowd!
I surprised my kids with this spooky (and adorable) SPIDER WEB COOKIE last week! I was in the mood for some Halloween fun and food! I love all the different Halloween food you can make. I saw a recipe for Meat Loaf monster feet on Facebook and laughed so hard. I don’t think I could eat that one though. haha.
My kids got such a kick out of this cute cookie, and of course, enjoyed every bite! I will say it is rich! So a little piece goes a long way. Just FYI. What kinds of fun Halloween food do you like to make?
- 1 roll (16.5 ounce) Pillsbury refrigerated chocolate chip cookie roll
- ⅓ cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- ½ cup creamy vanilla frosting (I used the Pillsbury creamy vanilla frosting)
- 5 drops red food coloring
- 9 drops yellow food coloring
- Plastic black spiders (or make your own using Oreos, M&M's)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-inch pizza pan with parchment or wax paper. Set aside.
- Place cooke dough in the bowl of an electric mixer. Pour cocoa over the top. Using dough hook, on medium speed, beat together until the cocoa is completely mixed into the dough. This will take a couple minutes.
- Place dough on prepared pan and roll out into a 10 inch circle. Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Place frosting in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook for 15 seconds or until just melted. Add in both food colors and mix to make the color orange. Place frosting in a small ziplock bag. Snip one corner and pipe frosting in a spiral pattern. Starting at center; quickly pull edge of knife outward through frosting at 1-inch intervals to make web design. Let stand 10 minutes for frosting to set. Place plastic spiders on top for decoration!
- Slice in wedges and serve. (Don't eat the plastic spiders. haha!)
Recipe adapted from: Pillsbury magazine 2007
Filed Under: Chocolate, Easy, Eats, Halloween, Kid-Friendly, Party Food, sweet Tagged With: chocolate, cookie, dessert, desserts, easy recipes, eats, halloween, life in the lofthouse, spider web cookie, sweet treats, treats