This recipe for the Best Pizza Dough is quick, easy, and delicious. This dough produces the most perfect canvas for amazing pizza!
There is a huge debate over who has the best pizza. New York? Chicago? Italy? Well, my friends, let me be the one to answer this puzzling question and say that it’s none of them! That’s right! With my Best Pizza Dough recipe, the world’s greatest pizza will come straight from your oven, and the best part is that it only requires 6 simple ingredients.
Combine water, honey, yeast, and salt in a stand mixer. Once these are all mixed begin to gradually add the flour. When the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl it only requires a quick knead for a few minutes. This gives it some love and helps keep the dough tender. Cover and let it rest for at least 10 minutes.
Once the dough is ready, it’s time to get creative. Flatten out the dough to fit your baking pan and then go nuts with your sauce and toppings. PRO TIP: If it’s difficult to spread and flatten the dough into a pizza shape, let it rest for another 5 minutes or so. Your dough is ready when it is easy to work with.
We love having pizza nights at our house. It’s one of my favorite dinner activities to have with my family. Everyone gets to be their own chef and have whatever they want on their personal pizza. Pizza memories made in your very own kitchen is by far the best pizza in the world.
HOW MANY PIZZAS DOES THIS DOUGH MAKE?
This dough recipe creates 1 large pizza, OR 2 small pizzas, OR 4 personal size pizzas.
CAN I FREEZE THE DOUGH?
Yes! This dough freezes beautifully. Place it in a freezer-safe bag. Make sure to squeeze out as much air as possible before sealing the bag. Freeze dough for up to two months. Let the dough thaw in the refrigerator for at least 10 to 12 hours, then let sit on the counter to bring it to room temperature before making a pizza. You want the dough to be soft, and workable.
CAN THIS BE MADE GLUTEN FREE?
Yes! Substitute gluten-free flour instead of all-purpose flour.
ENJOY THIS RECIPE? HERE ARE A FEW MORE TO GET THE FAMILY INVOLVED!
Mexican Pizza – Tortillas filled with ground beef, cheese, refried beans, and enchilada sauce.
Teriyaki Chicken Kabobs – Tender marinated pieces of chicken, pineapple, onions, and bell peppers.
Margherita Flatbread Pizza – Roma tomatoes, fresh basil, mozzarella cheese, and garlic on flatbread.
Ham and Cheese Sliders – Tender ham, melty cheese, on a toasted slider bun.
The Best Pizza Dough
- 1 cup warm water (100 degrees F.)
- 1 tablespoon honey (or granulated sugar)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, fitted with the dough hook, mix the warm water, honey, oil, yeast and salt.Add the flour gradually until a soft dough forms and pulls away from the sides of the bowl.The dough should be soft and smooth. You can add up to another 1/2 cup of flour, but no more than that.Knead the dough for 3 minutes in stand mixer.
- Cover dough with plastic wrap and let rest for 10 minutes before shaping and flatten dough out onto a greased pizza pan or greased baking sheet.Top evenly with your favorite sauce and pizza toppings.
- Bake pizza at 450 degrees F. for 10 to 14 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly, and edges of crust are a nice golden-brown. Carefully remove from oven.Let pizza stand and cool for at least 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!